30 Hours; 30 PDUs; 2 College Credits
The intermediate level ITIL (2011 edition) Service Capability Module – Planning, Protection and Optimization offers candidates the ability to obtain role-based hands-on experience in a specific cluster of processes according to ITIL®.
- Service Management as a practice.
- Common service operation activities related to Planning, Protection & Optimization.
- Organizing for service operations which describe functions to be performed within Planning, Protection & Optimization.
- Planning, Protection & Optimization roles and responsibilities.
- Technology and implementation considerations.
- Continual service improvement as a consequence of effective Planning, Protection & Optimization.
Who This Course is For
- Business Leaders and Executives
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Technology Sales Professionals
- Network Admin Staff
- Service Desk Specialists
- IT Security Professionals
- IT Managers and Directors
- Relationship Managers
- Functional Managers and any IT Service Management Professional
An ITIL® Foundation certificate and preferably about two years work experience in an IT service management environment.
This course prepares the participant for the official ITIL 2011 Planning, Protection and Optimization Exam (optional). This 90-minute paper exam is a total of eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. The passing score 70%. You may earn 4 of the 22 credits required for ITIL Expert Level Certification by passing the exam associated with this course.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This course is offered by IT Training Zone Ltd. an ATO of AXELOS Limited.