18 Hours; 18 PDUs; 1.5 College Credits
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge.
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
Who This Course is For
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance domain–Completion of this course is the first step to enroll into COBIT® 5 Implementation and COBIT® 5 Assessor exams.
The exam is in closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50%. The exam lasts for 40 minutes. The exam is available as web-based or paper-based.
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries.
This course is offered by IT Training Zone Ltd. an ATO of AXELOS Limited.